Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Why Hillary may be our best bet

In the aftermath of Super Tuesday, I have had the opportunity to read, discuss and think about what I, as a conservative Republican, will do in the general election if (who are we kidding, when) John McCain is our party's nominee.  Don't get me wrong, I consider myself a GOP party faithful when it comes to national politics, but that very reason is why I may be inclined to oppose the senator from Arizona.

Over the past several weeks I have made it very clear what I think of John McCain.  He is not conservative and he may not even be Republican (after considering a slot as John Kerry's running mate in 2004).  That being said, there will be little difference between a John McCain White House and a Hillary Clinton White House.  It is reasonable to assume that either candidate would push their liberal agendas through our government: appealing the Bush tax cuts, granting amnesty to illegals and levying tough environmental standards on big business.  It is also reasonable to say that much of their liberal agenda will not go over well with the American public once it is actually implemented.  Why do we- as Republican party faithful- want to put someone who will only bring down the name of the Republican party into the White House? 

A vote for Hillary Clinton is a vote that will most likely restore our party back to power in Congress in 2010 and almost assure us the presidency in 2012.  Although I would rather a third option, where a true (or, at least, better) conservative were on the ballot, this may be the best option.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You've stopped posting? Tisk tisk.